Tuesday, September 12, 2006

song of the week #11

Hello. Continuum's out. And it humbly proves to us that john can reinvent himself over and over again.

"You know, time is moving forward all the time and we know that. But it's kinda like running out of a continually burning hallway, and you can't go back and get your stuff and all I want to do is yell, 'I wanna go get my stuff!' People going, 'You can't, keep running!' This fireball's comin up behind you. Not exactly as Indiana Jones' as that, but it feels like that sometimes.

This is a song begging to go back." -JM

Stop this train
I want to get off
And go home again
I can't take the speed it's moving in
I know I can't
But honestly, won't someone stop this train


4 comments:

Richard said...

i like that song a lot too.

esp when the piano kicks in.

Anonymous said...

okay i just wrote you the longest comment but somehow i deleted it.

so to sum it up:
1. john mayers new cd is playing now.
2. i like "the heart of life"
3. oscar peterson and stan getz check and check... andrew exposes me to them all...

you got the short version.. you should feel so lucky...

Andy Chon said...

i like that song

Robert said...

you guys made me buy the cd