Wednesday, February 18, 2004

he looks like a flower but he stings like a bee!

I was minding my own business during my social psychology discussion section last week when I looked up to see someone walk in late. Lo and behold, who else did I see but the internationally famous William Hung, in the flesh!

I was sitting in the back and since there was a open seat next to me, he waddled over with his large, trademark yellow backpack and sat down next to me. Since he missed the first ten minutes of class, he took out his notebook, and asked if he could copy my notes. I felt weird because of the fact that a celebrity was copying my notes. The last time I encountered someone famous was Ben Stein at my 10th grade Science Olympiad meet, where he came to see his son or nephew compete. He signed his autograph on my paper with such disgust and annoyance that I got offended and later threw it away.

Well, let's try again. Near the end of class, I asked him, "You're William Hung right? Hey man, autograph my notebook for me." He nodded his head and signed my notebook:





Success.

But dangit, I caught myself humming the Ricky Martin song throughout the rest of the day...

I found out that he's supposed to perform tonight at the men's volleyball game too, along with a "special surprise." Access Hollywood is going to run a special segment of that performance during tomorrow's episode. Looks like his fifteen minutes of fame is lasting longer than it should. Wow.

No comments: