Sunday, January 08, 2006

So what do I do for a living? I work at a Laserfiche, a software development company in Long Beach as a presales engineer. I guess my title isn't as self-explanatory as "financial planner" or "web designer." "Presales engineer? What the heck is that?" No, I don't write computer programs or take part in developing software. Those guys are hidden in the deep, mysterious rooms on the second floor of our building. Who knows what goes on in there, except for one time I went down during lunch and everyone was playing Half-Life against each other, hahah.

Instead, the things I do things that generally consist of training and consulting our internal sales team and reseller channel. That basically encompasses giving web presentations, writing up training material, replying to sales proposals, answering technical questions, and engineering custom demos. Yes, I'm pulling this out of my ass. But I like it because I get to work at my own pace and work with people first-hand. Plus the view from my desk is really nice.. the sunsets are just amazing.

So if you're in college and kinda unsure of the major you've chosen (I studied psychology and minored in business), don't worry because it won't always dictate what you're going to do in the future.

I'll be here the next four days for our annual conference. Should be nice to see a part of LA I've never seen before! Plus I know of some great soondubu places nearby. Woo hoo!

No comments: