Saturday, March 25, 2006

early thanksgiving

Life is complicated, given its fair share of problems and pitfalls. Every once in a while, it's healthy to pause, take a look around, and be utterly thankful for what you have. Doing so doesn't necessarily make life simpler, but it does put things into a simpler perspective. Then the next breath becomes easier to take.
  • Saturday mornings. Not too much explanation required.
  • Being relatively healthy at the age of 24. Sure, my knees and speed aren't what they used to be, but my endorphins are being produced just fine.
  • Music. What about it makes it an incomparable source and outlet of joy?
  • Food. Only a stone's throw away from my favorite food groups: soondubu, dduk bo ssam, sushi, king taco carne asada nachos.
  • Work. Sure, I'm up to my neck with projects, but it's about the learning experience and an opportunity to kick ass. Or get ass-kicked.
  • Driving. An open stretch of highway with some good tunes and lowered windows is gas well guzzled.
  • Friends who'll go the distance for your ass because they care for your happiness.
  • DFC. The chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Let go of the imperfections and don't be afraid to grow.
  • My family, stronger than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow.

So, today has the potential to be something better than I originally thought.

No comments: