Sunday, October 08, 2006

dc

Flew to VA this past weekend for work. Tabbed it as a future vacation hotspot, check. One plane with maintenance problems later, I found myself stranded at washington dulles at midnight waiting for the 6am flight to LAX. It didn't take long to make the decision to either ride it out at the airport or go on a spontaneous date with an arabian cab driver around the city.

The White House was, disappointingly, a lot smaller than the White House I had ingrained in my head.


The backside of the Lincoln Memorial. Due to construction roadblocks, it was impossible to go around the front to see lincoln resting in his chair. Sigh.

Incredible. Mark foley once worked here. Turn around and see this in the distance:


It's not on fire. It kinda reminds me of the famous green beacon from The Great Gatsby.


Up close. The Campanile can't even compare.


Tired security guard takes picture of bemused asian boy at three in the morning.


Well, the night was too short. I have to definitely come back... future vacation hotspot #2, check.

7 comments:

Andy Chon said...

quite an adventure.

Anonymous said...

put me in one of your business suitcases and take me with you!

Anonymous said...

You think Lincoln had a giant jaj?

Billy said...

omg roymund, youre so studly but so gay at the same time. i dunno how you pull it off.

Anonymous said...

that's so cool that you get to travel so much!

Anonymous said...

are you getting buffer???!?!??! -sunn

Anonymous said...

fun!!! have fun in nyc- david