- I won't dare describe the sunsets.
- Hawaiians are the nicest people you'll ever meet.
- Kauai is the wettest place on earth. It's fun running for cover when the sun's out shining so brightly only moments before.
- There are roosters and chickens everywhere. Strutting around the roads, on people's lawns, even in the dense forests. They're like the pigeons of Hawaii.
- Hawaiians end their sentences with an inquisitive "yeah?" a lot of the time.
- People wear Hawaiian shirts to work. And their typical work day ends around 4pm.
- I befriended a nice owner of a souvenir shop who turned out to be korean. When asked about my marital status, she got angry when I told her that I still unmarried. She gave me a fifty percent discount off of everything, and she also threw in a shell necklace for free. Connections!
- The sushi is really bad. Their cooked fish delicacies are excellent.
- It's really fun saying "mahalo" to people. I absent-mindedly said it on a couple occasions when I should have said "aloha," but Hawaiians are probably used to ignorant tourists by now.
- A rainbow's end really exists! Optical illusion, light refraction.. call it what you want, but it was twenty feet away from me. This wasn't like the time in third grade when I thought I found a four-leaf clover.
- I found a product called "Donkey Balls" at the local market. I really regret not buying it.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
mahalo, come again
Back from my "business trip" to Kauai. ;) Hahah. Some random thoughts/observations I had throughout the week: