Monday, March 22, 2004

Recap of last couple days..

fluke friday:
Went snowboarding at Boreal with a buncha people: Andy, Kristy, Karen, Elise, Dennis, Danny, Edwin, Justin. On the way there, I got my second speeding ticket in six months. Before the first run on the slopes, I lost a contact. Received an extreme sunburn. Later in the day, Andy saw me narrowly miss a tree by an inch, but I wasn't so lucky later when my freak snowboard did a 180 and jacked up my right knee in the process. I was able to limp/hop around, but by the time we got home that night, the pain exponentially got worse and I had to be on crutches the next couple days. I found out that I sprained my MCL (medial collateral ligament), which is the same injury as Karl Malone's! What an honor.

Billy came over that night to pick up some books from my apartment, but as he was leaving, he stuck his butt out at me, tapped it, and mocked, "Come get me, Roymund! Cmon Roymund, you can't run after me, huh Roymund??" Buttface.

super saturday:
Super to be back in Downey.

slammin sunday:
Visited Pacific Crossroads Church in Santa Monica with Mejeld, Slum, Karen, Gower, Sylvia, and Chris. I had to say that I really enjoyed every aspect of it.. the praise, the incredible sermon, the cool catch phrases. Afterwards, Mejeld treated all of us out to sushi. During the meal, we somehow got onto the topic of "how many eggs do women carry," during which Karen piped up and proudly announced, "I think I have two million." Me, Slum, and Mejeld had a great time calling her an "egg factory."

Had a fun time at The Grove afterwards. And another always-satisfying visit to the 99-cent store. Mama flew to Korea later that night. I hope my bro and dad will be able to survive for the next two weeks. I foresee a lot of empty Pizza Hut boxes.

mellow monday:
Driving back up to Berkeley later tonight to go back to work. I need to reenergize myself with soondubu, fast. Hello lunch.

No comments: