Saturday, August 07, 2004

Almost couldn't make it to the testing site on time because stupid yahoo maps gave me the wrong directions. "Take 5N, exit Telegraph, make right." Okay, no problem.. Telegraph.. Telegraph.. where are you... should have seen it by now.. call mom to check.. and woe is me, that exit doesn't even exist on the map along the 5 freeway. Luckily I found an alternate route and arrived on time. The test itself really wasn't that bad, but it just took a long time to finish. 65 pages of questions tired me out.

Tonight, DFC went to Living Water's cafe night in Cerritos. This was P.Jerry's old church, where he's known and revered as a great guitar/piano/drums legend. P.Jerry is truly one of the best musicians I've ever met. Our group played a MercyMe song and "Meet Us Here" with a jazz twist. The performances I enjoyed the most were Ed's friend Jason (he was pimpin), and this Michelle Branch-esque girl who performed Sarah McLachlan's "Angel." I was completely mesmerized during that song. She even hit the falsetto parts perfectly. I salute you whoever you are!

No comments: