Monday, August 23, 2004

Weekend recap.

Reunion with Mrs. Lucke. Me, Cindy, Annette and Jackie had lunch at Cafe Tu Tu Tango (@ The Block) with Mrs. Lucke, our high school english teacher. She's so cool. I haven't seen her since graduating high school, but she was still her bubbly ol' self with the same corky sense of humor. She was giving us the low-down on some of the teachers we had in high school, a lot of the low-down which shocked me. I guess when you get older, you really begin to see your teachers more as three-dimensional social beings who do have other things going on in their lives besides teaching. And it's even weirder to know that I have same-age friends who are about to become middle-school teachers starting this September (congratulations Cindy and Annette!). Anyways, Cafe Tu Tu Tango serves ridiculously small portions of food and I would never go there again.

Mom's 51st birthday. Happy 51st. Our family plus uncle celebrated at the same dduk-bo-ssam place in Cerritos we've been going for the past month. I can't believe my entire family's birthdays are in August except mine.

After-church softball. Had a friendly game with OMC. Afterwards, Dickee threw a big bbq at his house. What a nice guy.

Dinner with Carolina. 'Twas a miracle to actually have gotten a couple hours out of this busy-body's schedule. Talked mostly about how great of a senior she's going to be and how cute Kwan is. ;P Thanks for dinner!

Hold'em with Dickee, Mike and Phil. Got cleaned out. Afterwards, showed them the Petals Around the Rose riddle with the dice. It was fun watching them struggle for over an hour.


I cant wait for the Dave Matthews concert this Saturday!! I get so giddy thinking about it.

No comments: