Monday, August 02, 2004

Hallo there. My two-month hiatus from blogging and aiming felt quite good, and I apologize to the few who continually checked my blog and was greeted by my lame "Wild wild west!" post, which has been up there for the past two months. For those who didnt know, I was referring to the theme of this year's senior reception, not Will Smith's stupid song.

For my sake, I'm gonna try to squeeze out all the main events from my short-term memory that's happened since my last post:
*watched the Lion King musical at the Orpheum in SF with Phil, Carolina and Jane. Better than the movie!
*singing w/ Karen for P.Ting's wedding at the reverberating Palace of Fine Arts
*moving out of 2390 Parker Street, #14
*meeting up with Phil Sung when he came down to visit
*Magic Mtn. with a bunch of Berkeley peeps
*DFC EM intiation @ Huntington
*weekly church softball scrimmages
*a free hair-cut at Vidal Sassoon
*cheap guitar course at UCLA
*jamming with Pastor Jerry (who is incredible by the way)
*listening to a lot of AM radio (640 (talk) & 1190 (sports)) when bearing through traffic
*numerous outings to Costco for their $1.50 hotdog&drink combo
*"ignoring" Pablo's phone calls, hahah
*catching a big, 50-legged insect in my room and accidentally ripping off 25 of them
*Andy's visit to the oldest existing McDonalds and outing to peanut-floored USA Ribs
*adorable Cady (3) preferring me over her daddy
*couple interviews for job-hunt
*visiting New Life church in Cerritos with Cindy and Gee
*bro's 19th bday today. Dad's is on 11th and mom on 21st...always a busy month
*many more things that my short-term memory failed to retrieve


Freak, that took a long time. It's amazing how hard I had to think to produce this list. Anyways, it was good chatting with people again.. I'd really like to change my screen name to something that makes a lot more sense than boy52. What the heck was I thinking back in 8th grade?

The reality of being officially out of college hasn't fully sunk in yet. I sometimes catch myself thinking that it's almost time to go back for the fall semester, but too bad it isn't true. Some of the more obvious changes that have taken place for me are that I now live with my parents (pretty good) and I no longer have to do my own laundry (always good). There's still a lot of adjusting to do, like adjusting back to my "new" church and adjusting to this crappy socal climate.

But it's a comforting thing to know that despite all the change that's going around you, your relationships with some people will not. No matter the passed time or distance. Thanks God for always proving to be the prime example of that.

The birds around here start chirping at 5:30am too.

No comments: