Sunday, September 26, 2004

I'm going over my favorite book with one of my tutor kids. My 6th grade summer school teacher would read aloud a chunk of this book everyday, and I promise that every person in that classroom cried at least once by the time we finished the whole story.

"I'm sure the red fern has grown and has completely covered the two little mounds. I know it is still there, hiding its secret beneath those long, red leaves, but it wouldn't be hidden from me for part of my life is buried there, too."

You're heartless if you don't cry after reading it. It has more meaning and substance than a sad, sappy korean drama ever will. This is one of two books that ever made me teary. The other book is called There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom by Louis Sachar. Don't dog on the title.

No comments: