Tuesday, August 08, 2006

new toy

So, I've been playing around with my new Bushnell telescope since I got it a couple weeks ago. Granted, it's pretty rudimentary compared to most, but a telescope was something that I've been wanting for a long time.

It sure beats squinting at the moon while trying to find the Sea of Tranquility. And if you haven't seen it yet, the moon magnified is reason enough to take your breath away.

But besides the Bears, the Summer Triangle and a couple other hard-to-miss celestial objects/constellations, the retarded light pollution (& can't forget the air pollution) blanks out most of the sky. Sometimes, I wish I just lived in the countryside. But still have high-speed internet access, of course.

This should serve me well for the time being until my desire for this can no longer be contained. Only $200k. One day!

7 comments:

Richard said...

do you use that green filter when you observe the moon or do you just do it straight up?

Roy said...

Yea, unfortunately it didn't come with any color filters. I'll save it for my next telescope. The moon still looks crazy though.

Anonymous said...

can you teach astronomy to my kids? i probably know as much as they do =(

Richard said...

doesn't watching the moon straight up sort of hurt your eyes?

but then again, you're Roy.

Nothing hurts Roy.

Anonymous said...

who is feeding your pet snake and/or tarantula?

basile with an e said...

wow they got engaged!!!

that's a hot piece of instrument. nice.

Anonymous said...

can i be your friend? add me to ur list.