Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I received this email in my inbox yesterday:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM THE DESK OF DR.AHMED KABO.

Attn: Sir,

My name is Dr. Ahmed Kabo, The Manager, Credit and Foreign Bills of (ECO-INTERNATIONAL BANK LAGOS, NIGERIA) I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of my bank with account number 14-255-2004/ASTB/123-99 who perished in an auto-crash with the whole passengers aboard.

Since the demise of this our customer, I personally has watched with kind interest to see the next of kin of this man, but all has proved abortive as no one has come to claim his funds of US$14.M (Fourteen Million United States Dollar), which has been with my branch for a very long time.

On this note, I decided to seek for whom his or her name shall be used as the next of kin as no one has come up to be the next of kin.

And the banking ethics here does not allow such money to stay more than four years, because money will be recalled to the bank treasury as unclaimed after this period.

In view of this, I got your contact through my seach in internet, after realizing that your name and country is similar to the deceased.


I will give you 25% of the total funds.


Upon the receipt of your response, I will send you by fax or e-mail the application, bank's fax number and the next step to take.

I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is hitch free and that you should not entertain any fear as all modalities for fund transfer can be finalized within five banking days, after you apply to the bank as a relation to the deceased.

When you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick communication.


Respectfully submitted,

Dr.Ahmed Kabo.

THE MANAGER, CREDIT AND FOREIGN BILLS ECO-INTERNATIONAL BANK LAGOS, NIGERIA)

===============================================================

Interesting, so my name and country is most similar to the guy who died? Out of the millions of other Koreans out there? And what happens to the other 75% of the money? Ooh, I just can't wait to send you my most confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick communication.

Hahah, give me a break. They have to put more thought into these.

No comments: