Saturday, February 01, 2003

After FiCB, I drove my half-broken car (which luckily didn't break down completely) to Union City to visit my aunt and two little cousins. They just came from korea last week, and they were on a tour bus with a bunch of other korean tourists. Today, the tour stop destination was the bay area and were spending the night at a Hilton in Union City. It was so great seeing them again. The last time was eleven years ago when I first went to korea and saw them. I remember that during that trip, they said I looked like seo tae ji.

My guy cousin is now eleven, and the girl cousin is twelve. Gosh, I remember when they were little babies.. I felt so good to know that they've grown up so much and that they're doing well. Me and my aunt carried a great conversation in full korean for about an hour and a half. It was by the miracle of God that enabled me to sufficiently communicate with my aunt for that long. Doesn't matter that I attended korean school for over a decade.. geez, I still can't say the entire alphabet in correct order. Anyways, I was really sad when I left, because I probably won't see them for another ten years. I'll probably be married by then and still be driving around my '93 corolla. I have much to be thankful for.

Happy birthday Basile (20) and Jenny Myung (21)!

No comments: