Monday, August 09, 2004

I'm starting to tutor this 6th grader, Hyun-Woo, six hours a week. Six hours of tutoring the same kid every week is pretty dang demanding and unnecessary, but his mom was overly insistent. IVY league-bound boys only study during the summer. So we'll be going over six subjects (reading & comp, writing, vocabulary, science, math, history), all of which I'm hoping will be enough to fill up the time.

In the last fifteen minutes today, it was science time. I saw that he just finished lesson 3 from his science workbook, which had to do with cells and mitosis. Turning to the next page I saw the bold-faced words, "testosterone," "estrogen," and "ovaries." Um, heck no boy, we're not gonna be talking about this. We're gonna learn about plants. You can wait till health class in high school.

Happy birthday Roach!

This took me about ten minutes to figure out. Try it and don't think so hard!

No comments: