Friday, August 06, 2004

I've been at VBS the past couple days. Son-Olympics. Dude, the songs get cheesier and cheesier every year. There's this one song where the intro sounds almost exactly like 50 cent's "In Da Club." And this other song sounds like it was done by N'Sync. But not that the kids care any less.. they shamelessly dance out the motions and sing their hearts out, especially little Cady. She is freakin adorable.

The 5th grade boys presented us with a little skit at the end of the night. I applaud their efforts, but I failed to see the depth and message in their presentation:

Boy #1 walks to a chair and sits down
Boy #1: Ah, I'm so tired! I'm going to put down my red Starburst candy right next to me and go to sleep.
(places red starburst on the ground next to him and pretends to fall asleep)

Three other boys come into the scene. Two of the boys dance around and make faces at sleeping Boy #1, while the third boy picks up the candy. I hear a little boy sitting in the first row shrieking, "TICKLE HIM! TICKLE HIM!" They leave.

Boy #1 wakes up
Says: Hey, someone took my candy!!

Enters Boy #2 and takes Boy #1 aside
Boy #2: It's okay, always remember that Jesus is on your side... and uh... you will always have His grace.

the end.


(awkward applause)

No comments: