Saturday, April 19, 2003

The FiCB/FiCS Good Friday service and joint fellowship at Stanford was enjoyable tonight. After the praise and message, there was a scavenger hunt activity that required us to run all over the Stanford campus. It was actually my first time seeing the entire campus firsthand, and I was taken aback of how scenic everything looked. I admit, the Stanford campus is very nice. But we have a way better clock tower, hands down.

Freshman Karen from Stanford was in our group, and she impressed all of us tonight. She basically outran all of us from place to place, and at one point, she ran so fast that she ditched us. ‘Did she not like our group?’ we wondered. It took a good fifteen minutes to find someone who had her cell number so we could contact her. Geewon commented, “Dood, I bet you anything that she did cross-country in high school.” Turns out that she did, and she ran with wearing high heels the entire night. She put us to shame.

Afterwards, Slum asked me if I could take his place and drive one of the vans back to Berkeley, and I gladly obliged. Too bad that all of my passengers were scared out of their wits (for no valid reason) when I drove. Dennis, I brought you home nice and safely. Stopped by In-N-Out and had an enjoyable dinner with a grip of people.

Pastor Eugene shared: Against the backdrop of God’s wrath, we see the radiance of God’s love displayed at the cross. We see how much God hates sin, but see how much He loves us. We should have been the ones crucified but Christ took our place. And out of all things, we call this a "Good Friday.”

There are no crown-wearers in heaven who were not cross-bearers here below.
-Charles Haddon Spurgeon


Happy Good Friday again everyone.

No comments: