Thursday, April 03, 2003

What a nice surprise. I just discovered that my ol' Toyota Corolla got broken into, probably sometime over spring break. I know, the car's been sitting in my parking lot for months now, and I guess someone probably took notice of that. The rear triangle mirror on the left side was completely smashed open, making it possible to reach in and unlock the door that way.

I put my key in the ignition and tried starting up the engine, but nothing happened. I looked under the wheel to see if they tried to hotwire the car, but that was untouched too. I had transmission problems with the car before, but that's no reason why the car shouldn't even start. I think it's a valid assumption to say that they probably lifted the hood and tampered with it.

As for items stolen in the car, they didn't take much. They just took all the change, which was all neatly placed in a little tray in the front, that I accumulated when I first bought the car. Still had the flashlight, car registration documents, and the roll of toilet paper I had in the glove compartment. Still had the cheap cassette tape deck that deceivingly looks like a pretty cool CD system, which disappoints most people when they find out it's not. I even had a brand new bottle of water sitting in the back seat, but I guess the job was too easy and didn't make them hot or thirsty enough to take it.

All in all, I'm not too worried about it, but I hope the insurance company takes care of this situation nicely. I felt like today's weather was compassionately refreshing. I hope that makes sense.

No comments: