Thursday, April 17, 2003

Helping out Janet's Fresno youth group retreat these past few days was truly a blessing, even though I particularly had no idea what to expect. The kids rented out a really run-down, old building in San Francisco (near Daly City), which continues to house missionaries from all over the world. Because the building desperately needed some remodeling, their main project over the duration of the retreat was to coat the entire exterior of the building from top to bottom with fresh paint. By doing so, it would be their hopes to attract passer-bys to approach the kids, who in turn would hopefully get the chance to initiate a conversation about Christ.

But these kids, gosh. Seeing their paint-streaked faces and disheveled clothing was a memorable sight. But I never met a bunch that played so intensely, praised so loudly, and welcomed us so warmly than these guys. An attempt to describe their hilarious/meaningful skits they performed tonight would be inadequate. So I won't but just keep it as a fond memory. But I truly thank all of them for humbling me as well as all the other counselors with their love for Christ. Thanks guys.

I was looking through stacks of old pictures late last night. So many memories.. but it's hard to imagine that I still have more than two-thirds of my life that I have yet to live.

No comments: