Saturday, December 28, 2002

I went to Nickel Nickel and ice skating with a group of church & high school friends today, and I had a really fun time.. Nickel Nickel is this really really cheap arcade where instead of paying quarters, you insert nickels into the machines. For a game that would cost seventy-five cents to play, you would put in three nickels instead of three quarters. You first would have to pay an entrance fee of $2.95 though. They still had their wide variety of arcade games.. fighting games like "Street Fighter vs. Capcom," those shooting games like "Time Crisis" and "House of the Dead," and those games that reward you tickets which you can trade for prizes at the counter. Too bad that on more than half of the games I played, some of the buttons were broken or the joystick wasn't working correctly. But the last half hour of our stay was really fun; we all gave up on the arcade games and gleefully shoved nickels into those ticket games, trying to get all the tickets we can. I traded in my 150 hard-earned tickets for six pixie sticks. Fred traded in his 150 tickets for a deck of cards. I should have followed Fred.

Afterwards, a bunch of us went ice skating. It was hilarious watching Daniel Pok learning how to skate backwards, having near-death experiences every other moment. Cindy and I were learning how to do spins, but that foolio lied and already knew how to, and I felt like throwing up from spinning around so much.

Tomorrow, I'm scheduled to go to the dentist and have a root canal treatment performed on a molar in the left side of my mouth. I'm really scared, but I'm glad I have encouraging friends like you roach:

ALEXsHYUN: wow..ur gonna be in a lot of pain man
ALEXsHYUN: haha..i was thinkin about how ur not gonna be able to eat for a while rite
ALEXsHYUN: and i was thinkin bout that one snl
ALEXsHYUN: where there's this dad and son
ALEXsHYUN: who chews his food and spits it back out for his son to eat like a mother bird feeds her chicks



O, who will be my mother bird? Gross.

No comments: